Location: Gabalfa – Swansea area
Rate of pay: F1 – F4, £25,020.53 – £26,607.70
Other benefits: Company Pension with generous employer’s contribution
Hours per week: 37 hours per week (includes 19 hours management time)
Open to both male and female candidates.
Closing Date: 4pm Tuesday 2nd August 2022
Community Lives Consortium is a Registered Charity and Domiciliary Care Agency that provides support for people with a learning or physical disability to live the life they choose in their own home within the community of Swansea and Neath & Port Talbot. We are currently looking for flexible and committed Personal Support Manager to provide a quality service to the people we support.
Supporting documentation (please click on the link below):
Are you looking for a rewarding job managing a service providing personalised support and promote the independence of vulnerable adults within your local community?
Our values are aimed at treating the people we support as individuals. If you share our values we would like you to join our team!
We are currently recruiting a Personal Support Manager in the Sketty of Swansea.
The purpose of the post is to manage a supported living home where 4 individuals live, ensuring they achieve a good quality of life and ensuring they are working towards and achieving all outcomes identified within their care plans. You will also ensure the staff team has the support and coaching they require to do the job.
To achieve this, you will be required to liaise with other external professionals; plan rotas and manage annual leave; deliver support services within the service budget; engage with community and locality events; manage and coach a staff team, conducting supervision and appraisals. You in turn will be supervised by the Locality Manager.
The successful candidate must have previous experience of working within a Supported Living setting with people who have a learning disability and additional health needs. The successful candidate must also be able to work with individuals who may challenge the service using appropriate techniques and work well with family members who are involved in the support being provided.
Other essential requirements include the ability to work as part of a team, including working with and supporting other managers. You will also have sound knowledge of best practice within the Learning Disability field and good I.T. skills.
You will be required to register with Social Care Wales and hold a minimum of NVQ/QCF, level 3 in Health and Social Care and demonstrate a commitment to working towards QCF Level 5.
You will be required to:
– work a variety of shifts on a rota basis including days, evenings, weekends, wakeful nights, public holidays and sleep in duties.
– hold a full current driving licence which allows you to legally drive in the UK is also required
– have Business Class 1 vehicle insurance.
This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory pre-employment health declaration, proof of right to work in the UK, full employment history and references.
As a valued member of our team you will also be entitled to a range of benefits, including:
- Additional annual leave after 5 year’s service.
- Long Service Award (at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 years service)
- A generous Company Sick Pay Scheme (Up to 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay)
- Social Care Wales Registration fees paid by the Company.
- Work mileage reimbursed at 65p per mile.
- Career Development Opportunities
- Training programme to gain recognised Qualifications paid for by the Consortium.
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Benefits platform offering discounts in High Street retailers.
- Discount at local coffee shops.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A generous Company Pension Scheme
- Support and Wellbeing Advice Service
- Opportunities for you own personal development via Learning Loans
- Right to Request: Time to Train and Flexible Working
All frontline support staff are required to work within Welsh Government and Public Health Wales guidance and are provided with Lateral Flow Test kits and full PPE.
Email our Human Resources Department: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01792 646640.
How to apply:
Apply online today by clicking on the button below or if you would like to request a paper application pack please call: 01792 646640.Apply Now