Location: Killay area of Swansea
Rate of pay: F1 – F4 (£26,949.71-£28,536.88 pro rata per annum)
Other benefits: Company Pension with generous employer contribution
Hours per week: 37 hours per week (includes 20 Management hours)
Closing Date: 4pm on Wednesday 6th December 2023
Are you looking for a rewarding job managing a service providing personalised support and promoting the independence of vulnerable adults within your local community? Our values are aimed at treating the people we support as individuals. If you share our values we would like you to join our team!
We are currently recruiting a Personal Support Manager in the Killay area of Swansea.
The purpose of the post is to manage a supported living home where 5 individuals with learning disabilities live.
As a Personal Support Manager you will ensure compliance with the RISCA Regulations, leading, supporting and coaching the team of Support Workers to enable the individuals we support to achieve a good quality of life, working towards and achieving all outcomes identified within their care plans.
To achieve this, you will be required to liaise with other external professionals; plan rotas and manage annual leave; deliver support services within the service budget; engage with community and locality events; manage and coach a staff team, conducting supervision and appraisals. You in turn will be supervised by the Locality Manager.
The successful candidate must have previous experience of working within a Supported Living setting with people who have a learning and/or physical disability and who may challenge the service. They will also have experience of working with people with Epilepsy and of managing a staff team.
Other essential requirements include the ability to work as part of a team, including working with and supporting other managers. You will also have sound knowledge of best practice within the Learning Disability field and good I.T. skills.
Supporting Documentation: Job Description and Person Spec
You will be required to register with Social Care Wales and hold a minimum of NVQ/QCF, level 3 in Health and Social Care and demonstrate a commitment to working towards QCF Level 5.
You will be required to:
– work a variety of shifts on a rota basis including days, evenings, weekends, wakeful nights, public holidays and sleep in duties.
– hold a full current driving licence which allows you to legally drive in the UK is also required
– have Business Class 1 vehicle insurance.
This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory pre-employment health declaration, proof of right to work in the UK, full employment history and references.
As a valued member of our team you will also be entitled to a range of benefits, including:
- Additional annual leave after 5 year’s service.
- Long Service Award (at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 years service)
- A generous Company Sick Pay Scheme (Up to 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay)
- Social Care Wales Registration fees paid by the Company.
- Work mileage reimbursed at 65p per mile.
- Career Development Opportunities
- Training programme to gain recognised Qualifications paid for by the Consortium.
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Reimbursement of Blue Light Card fee.
- Discount at local coffee shops.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A generous Company Pension Scheme
- Support and Wellbeing Advice Service
- Opportunities for you own personal development via Learning Loans
- Right to Request: Time to Train and Flexible Working
Email our Human Resources Department: email@example.com or call: 01792 646640.
How to apply:
Apply online today by clicking on the button below or if you would like to request a paper application pack please call: 01792 646640.Apply Now